Saturday 25 January 2014

Working as a Learning Support Assistant


 
    Before coming to University, I worked at my local primary school; Bryn Bach Infants and Primary, as a classroom assistant. It was working here and having the support from the teachers which led me to apply to University and pursue my dream of a career in education.
    In September 2012, I began a childcare course in college where I needed to volunteer at a placement for two days a week. After being there for a few months, I was offered a job as a learning support assistant; and I absolutely loved it!!!
    During class, I would take a small group of children at a time and lead activities; usually something to do with are, music or physical education. During the activities I would support and encourage children’s creativity when needed in order for them to reach capable potential. During dinner time, I would lead a small group for guided reading; encouraging individuals to read and group discussions about the book.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bryn Bach and was sad to leave at the end of the school year. But, I look forward to finally becoming a teacher in a class just like this in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment